Couples Therapy & Counselling London | Milan | Rome | Online
What is Couples Therapy?
Couples Therapy, also called Relationship Counselling utilises Evidence Based Practises to address issues in the relationship and instill skills to resolve conflict and promote healthy growth. Couples therapy will focus on changing how you perceive your relationship and promote accountability in regard to thoughts, feelings, and behaviour. A goal of Couples Therapy & Counselling is to improve communication between the two parties, verbally and nonverbally. Couples Therapy & Counselling will allow you to identify strengths in yourself and in your partner. Couples Therapy will require you to look at the relationship objectively, identify destructive or toxic behaviours, improve communication, and identify the positive aspects of the relationship-what is working in the relationship.
Couples Therapy may also be useful when facing challenging decisions within the relationship for example, divorce, separation, and how to communicate these decisions to children or family members. Couples Therapy is a supportive service that aims to instill the ability to practise self-care and effective communication. Couples Therapy & Counselling may be used as a brief-intervention but is typically structured and consists of guided and intentional discussions to address issues or challenges in the relationship.
How does Couples Therapy work?
- You and your partner will work with the therapist individually and together to examine the challenges you’re facing in the relationship.
- You will practise communication (verbal and nonverbal) with your partner and learn what healthy and unhealthy communication entails.
- You will identify and process current problems in the relationship and discuss these with your therapist and your partner.
- You will participate in sessions that occur one time per week and last approximately 50 minutes.
- You will work with your therapist to learn and practise healthy communication techniques to use in and outside of the office.
- You may be asked to complete tasks outside of the office that is referred to as “homework”. This may consist of documenting behaviours happening at home or work, in the form of lists, journaling, or creative writing.
All our Therapists offer Couples Therapy. Click here to meet the Team.