Sexual Problems Counselling in London | Treatment & Therapy
What are Sexual Problems?
Sexual Disorders are generally categorised into four main sections: Sexual Desire Disorders (lack of sexual desire), Sexual Arousal Disorders (inability to become physically excited during sexual activity), Orgasmic Disorders (delay or absence of orgasm) and Sexual Pain Disorders (pain during sexual intercourse). Sexual dysfunctions include, according to DSM-V:
- Sexual Desire Disorders – male hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
- Sexual Excitement Disorders - female sexual interest/arousal disorder, erectile disorder.
- Orgasmic Disorders - female orgasmic disorder, delayed ejaculation, premature ejaculation.
- Sexual Pain Disorders - genito-pelvic pain/penetration disorder,
- Sexual Dysfunction due to a medical condition.
- Substance/medication-induced sexual dysfunction.
- Unspecified sexual dysfunction.
The signs of Sexual Dysfunctions
Sexual disorders reflect problems in the phases of sexual response cycle and cause considerable discomfort and interpersonal difficulties. The phases of sexual intercourse are:
- Desire - fantasies about sexual activity and the desire to practice sexual activity.
- Excitement - sexual pleasure and physiological changes.
- Orgasm - peak of sexual pleasure, with release of sexual tension and rhythmic contraction of the perineal muscles and pelvic reproductive organs.
- Resolution - a sensation of muscular relaxation and general well-being.
Treatment for Sexual Problems in London
The most effective treatment for Sexual Problems is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
For more information about talking therapy and treatment programmes available at our Clinics in London please visit our Treatment page.
Getting Psychological Therapy for Sexual Disorders in London
Sexual Problems Counselling Team in London
All our Therapists offer Psychological Therapy for Sexual Problems. Click here to meet the Team.
Recent Blog Posts on Sexual Disorders
Sexual wellness is a cornerstone of human flourishing, intricately tied to our physical, emotional, and psychological well-being. In a world that’s gradually breaking free from taboos and stigmas, embracing sexual liberation becomes an essential part of this journey. For some, …
Intimacy is a fundamental aspect of human relationships, weaving the threads of emotional connection and vulnerability. Yet, for those grappling with sexual disorders, this intricate tapestry of intimacy can become frayed and challenging to restore. The journey towards a fulfilling …
Sexuality is a complex and integral part of human experience, shaping our relationships, emotions, and self-identity. However, for some individuals, the journey towards a healthy and fulfilling sexual life can be hindered by various challenges. Sexual disorders, encompassing a range …
Private Healthcare Providers