Sexual Problems Counselling in London | Treatment & Therapy
What are Sexual Problems?
Sexual Disorders are generally categorised into four main sections: Sexual Desire Disorders (lack of sexual desire), Sexual Arousal Disorders (inability to become physically excited during sexual activity), Orgasmic Disorders (delay or absence of orgasm) and Sexual Pain Disorders (pain during sexual intercourse). Sexual dysfunctions include, according to DSM-V:
- Sexual Desire Disorders – male hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
- Sexual Excitement Disorders - female sexual interest/arousal disorder, erectile disorder.
- Orgasmic Disorders - female orgasmic disorder, delayed ejaculation, premature ejaculation.
- Sexual Pain Disorders - genito-pelvic pain/penetration disorder,
- Sexual Dysfunction due to a medical condition.
- Substance/medication-induced sexual dysfunction.
- Unspecified sexual dysfunction.
The signs of Sexual Dysfunctions
Sexual disorders reflect problems in the phases of sexual response cycle and cause considerable discomfort and interpersonal difficulties. The phases of sexual intercourse are:
- Desire - fantasies about sexual activity and the desire to practice sexual activity.
- Excitement - sexual pleasure and physiological changes.
- Orgasm - peak of sexual pleasure, with release of sexual tension and rhythmic contraction of the perineal muscles and pelvic reproductive organs.
- Resolution - a sensation of muscular relaxation and general well-being.
Treatment for Sexual Problems in London
The most effective treatment for Sexual Problems is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
For more information about talking therapy and treatment programmes available at our Clinics in London please visit our Treatment page.
Getting Psychological Therapy for Sexual Disorders in London
We offer Psychological Therapy for Sexual Disorders at our clinics in Central London.
Sexual Problems Counselling Team in London
All our Therapists offer Psychological Therapy for Sexual Problems. Click here to meet the Team.
Sessions with our Psychologists are by prepaid appointments only. You can find out more about our Sexual Problems therapy fees in London on our Fees Page.
Recent Blog Posts on Sexual Disorders
Is Sex Safe During Pregnancy? Sex is a natural, normal part of pregnancy — if you’re having a normal pregnancy. Penetration and intercourse’s movement won’t harm the baby, who is protected by your abdomen and the uterus’ muscular walls. Your …
How To Have Sex During Pregnancy: 10 Tips to Enjoy Sex While Pregnant READ MORE
There is nothing more frustrating for a man and a couple than premature ejaculation! When a man, and therefore the couple, is suffering from it, both partners end up being sexually dissatisfied. Indeed, what happens is that the intercourse is …
Too Fast, Too Little! The Reason Premature Ejaculation is Never on Time READ MORE
Sex is a natural part of human life. Having a satisfying and enjoyable sex life has been shown to boost our overall wellbeing significantly, and it can even reduce our risk of being affected by certain diseases. However, many factors …
Private Healthcare Providers