Sleep Disorders Counselling in London | Treatment & Therapy
What are Sleep Disorders?
Sleep Disorders are a diagnostic category that includes a number of disorders of the sleep patterns, whose symptoms consist of alterations in quantity and quality of sleep. These disorders are characterized by abnormal sleep patterns that interfere with physical, mental, and emotional functioning. Sleep problems include insomnia disorder, hypersomnia (also known as hypersomulence disorder), narcolepsy, sleep-related breathing disorders, REM sleep behaviour disorder (also known as RBD), restless leg syndrome and sleep disorders induced by substances/drugs. Contact us for Sleep Disorders Counselling in London if you're facing such issues.
The signs of Sleep Disorders
Common signs that an individual may be experiencing a sleep disorder include the following:
- Difficulty initiating sleep.
- Difficulty maintaining sleep, characterised by frequent awakenings or problems returning to sleep after awakenings.
- Early-morning awakening with inability to return to sleep.
- Sleep anxiety.
- Tiredness, fatigue and irritability.
- Lack of concentration and concentration problems.
- Physical symptoms, such as headaches, muscle aches and tension, gastrointestinal symptoms.
Treatment for Sleep Disorders in London
The most effective treatment for Sleep Disorders is Cognitive Behavioural therapy.
For more information about talking therapy and treatment programmes available at our Clinics in London please visit our Treatment page.
Getting Therapy for Sleep Disorders in London
Sleep Disorders Counselling Team in London
All our Therapists offer Psychological Therapy for Sleep Disorders treatment. Click here to meet the Team.