Cognitive Analytic Therapy in London - CAT Counselling
What is Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)?
Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) is considered a focused, time-limited psychology. Clients are typically seen for 16-24 weeks. It is possible to use CAT for brief therapy (6 sessions) since it utilises a focused and collaborative approach with the client. CAT combines ideas from Cognitive Behavioural Therapies, to collaboratively examine the way a person thinks, feels and acts. CAT explores the relationships and events in a person’s life that underlie these experiences.
Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) will allow you to gain understanding in your behaviour today and how past events and relationships have impacted you. You will work with your therapist to identify behaviours and thinking you have that may be problematic or negative and identify steps to change this. You will also focus on steps to take after completion of treatment and how to best utilise the skills you learned in treatment.
How does Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) work?
While attending CAT sessions, you will:
- work with your therapist to form a secure relationship and explore current difficulties you’re experiencing.
- learn to identify how current problems affect you and your wellbeing, as well as professional and personal relationships you have.
- explore underlying causes of issues occurring in your relationships.
- identify behavioural patterns and changes you would like to make with these behaviours.
- participate in sessions that occur one time per week and last approximately 50 minutes.
Getting Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) in London
All our Therapists offer Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT). Click here to meet the Team.
Fees for Cognitive Analytic Therapy in London
Sessions with our Psychologists are by prepaid appointments only. You can find out more about our fees on our Fees Page.
Private Healthcare Providers