Couples Therapy in London | Marriage Counselling London
What is Couples Therapy?
Couples Therapy, also known as Relationship Counselling utilises Evidence Based Practises to address issues in the relationship and instill skills to resolve conflict and promote healthy growth. Couples therapy will focus on changing how you perceive your relationship and promote accountability in regard to thoughts, feelings, and behaviour. A goal of Couples Therapy & Counselling is to improve communication between the two parties, verbally and nonverbally. Relationship Therapy & Counselling will allow you to identify strengths in yourself and in your partner. Couples Therapy will require you to look at the relationship objectively, identify destructive or toxic behaviours, improve communication, and identify the positive aspects of the relationship-what is working in the relationship.
Couples Therapy may also be useful when facing challenging decisions within the relationship for example, divorce, separation, and how to communicate these decisions to children or family members. Relationship Therapy is a supportive service that aims to instill the ability to practise self-care and effective communication. Couples Therapy & Counselling may be used as a brief-intervention but is typically structured and consists of guided and intentional discussions to address issues or challenges in the relationship.
How does Couples Therapy work?
While attending Marriage Counselling sessions, you and your partner will:
- work with the therapist individually and together to examine the challenges you’re facing in the relationship.
- practise communication (verbal and nonverbal) with your partner and learn what healthy and unhealthy communication entails.
- identify and process current problems in the relationship and discuss these with your therapist and your partner.
- work with your therapist to learn and practise healthy communication techniques to use in and outside of the office.
- be asked to complete tasks outside of the office that is referred to as “homework”. This may consist of documenting behaviours happening at home or work, in the form of lists, journaling, or creative writing.
- participate in sessions that occur one time per week and last approximately 50 minutes.
Therapists for Marriage Counselling London
All our Therapists offer Couples Therapy. Click here to meet the Team.
Fees for Couples Therapy in London
Sessions with our Psychologists are by prepaid appointments only. You can find out more about our fees on our Fees Page.
Recent Blog Posts on Couples Therapy
There are ups and downs in every relationship. Some days are the best, and some are hard to pass. But, what matters at the end of the day is that you are still keeping it together, handling every relationship problem …
How can Couples Therapy be beneficial? Many people think that couple therapy is a last resort that should be done to only couples with serious issues. People assume that only couples with problems need couple therapy but the truth is …