Group Therapy for Expats in Rome in English
What is Group Therapy?
Group Therapy consists of 3-15 individuals meeting with a therapist to address a common challenge (an issue shared among group members). Group Therapy may be combined with Individual Therapy and is designed to target a specific problem such as adjustment difficulties when moving abroad.
Why Group Therapy for Expats in Rome?
Research has shown that “expat spouse depression” is on the rise, and it is important for you to know that having trouble adjusting is nor abnormal, nor a sign of weakness. If you are struggling to adjust to your life here, or you know of someone that is struggling with adjusting in a new country, feel free to contact the clinic and join our group therapy to work on finding tools helpful to break the cycle of isolation.
This group therapy is offered in English for both men and women of all ages.
Group Therapy for Expats will be helpful if you are experiencing:
- Feelings of depression (feeling of lethargy, disturbed sleeping and eating habits, sadness, concentration difficulties, alcohol consumption)
- Feelings of anxiety (pervasive worry about the future, panic attacks, etc)
- Feelings of a loss of identity/purpose and self-confidence
- Feelings of isolation and loneliness
- Marital distress
Group Therapy for Expats will help you to learn:
- Allow you to reflect upon your core values and bring back a sense of meaning and purpose into your life
- Recognize unhelpful thinking patterns and integrate helpful ones
- Learn and improve communication skills
- Self-compassion and self-kindness
- Mindfulness techniques: to identify your feelings and emotions
- Learn tools to better tolerate difficult emotions
Start date: 13th November 2019
Location: Rome San Giovanni
Times: 6pm – 8pm
How does Group Therapy work?
- You will work with your therapist and group members to identify and process experiences and determine the impact these experiences have today.
- You may be asked to complete tasks in the group that will consists of creating lists, journaling, or identifying behavioural patterns. You may be asked to discuss this with group members.
- You will participate in sessions that occur one time per week and last approximately 90 minutes.
- You will have the opportunity to practise communication skills with group members as you listen to their experiences and practise how to respond in a way that promotes health and positive growth.
Getting Group Therapy in Rome San Giovanni
Group Therapy for Expats Fees
Sessions with our Psychologists are by prepaid appointments only. The fee for group therapy is €50 per session.