Adolescent Counselling in London | Teenager Counselling & Therapy
What is Adolescent Counselling & Adolescent Therapy?
Adolescent Counselling is designed to assist teenagers in communication, conflict resolution, and emotional identification and management. Psychotherapy is a supportive service that is used to assist teenagers in navigating changes they experience cognitively, physically, and emotionally with maturation. As teenagers mature, their responsibilities, demands of their environment, and social pressures increase-which can be difficult to manage. This supportive service can assist teens in navigating these inevitable and difficult demands by using talk therapy, art therapy, art therapeutic techniques, and play therapy.
Adolescents Psychotherapy may be used to address common mental health issues in teenagers such as Anxiety, Depression, ADHD management, and Self-Esteem management. Counselling can be used to instill skills for stress management and time management in teens. Additional topics addressed are substance use and stress caused by abuse. The primary goal of Teenager Counselling is to support adolescents in navigating these changes in a healthy and positive manner. This therapy may be a brief and short-term intervention.
How does Adolescent Counselling & Psychotherapy work?
While attending Teenager Therapy sessions, you will:
- be asked to participate in individual sessions (family sessions may be utilised as deemed appropriate by the therapist). This is critical as the individual incorporates new thinking and behaviours that will inevitably impact the family system.
- work with your therapist to create a brief list of goals for treatment. This will allow you to establish a plan and identify motivation to make changes.
- be asked to complete tasks in and outside of the office that is referred to as “homework”. This may entail making lists, journaling, or monitoring behaviours or thoughts you have in the time you’re not actively in session.
- learn new skills that will assist in management of thoughts and emotions.
- identify and process problems in your relationships and corrective actions to take to repair problems you identify.
- participate in sessions that occur one time per week and last approximately 50 minutes.
Getting Teenager Counselling in London
Therapists for Teenager Counselling & Therapy
All our Therapists offer Teenager Counselling. Click here to meet the Team.
Fees for Adolescent Counselling in London
Sessions with our Psychologists are by prepaid appointments only. You can find out more about our fees on our Fees Page.
Private Healthcare Providers