Transactional Analysis in London
What is Transactional Analysis?
Transactional Analysis (also known as TA) is considered a Humanistic Approach and focuses on an individual’s relationships and interactions. TA is used to address communication and interactions between yourself and your environment while reinforcing the capability others have for positive change and personal growth. It focuses on the value and worth of others and how verbal and nonverbal communication dictate responses in an encounter. Transactional Analysis posits that communication is integral to human nature and a critical aspect to daily living. The primary goal of Transactional Analysis Therapy is for an individual to achieve autonomy. Transactional Analysis is considered a brief and solution-focused therapy.
How does Transactional Analysis in London work?
While attending Transactional Analysis Therapy sessions, you will:
- work with your therapist to outline goals for treatment and identify and process motivations for those goals.
- learn to identify and process thoughts and emotions that occur in verbal and nonverbal exchanges with others.
- learn to identify and process positive and negative forms of communication and how to manage and regulate your emotional state.
- be asked to complete tasks in and outside of the office, referred to as “homework”. This may entail monitoring thoughts and behaviours, journaling, and creating lists.
- participate in sessions that occur one time per week and last approximately 50 minutes.
All our Therapists offer Transactional Analysis. Click here to meet the Team.
Fees for Transactional Analysis in London
Sessions with our Psychologists are by prepaid appointments only. You can find out more about our fees on our Fees Page.