Psychodynamic Counselling London | Rome | Online
What is Psychodynamic Counselling?
Psychodynamic Counselling is an in-depth form of talk therapy and is rooted in the theories and principles of Psychoanalysis. Psychodynamic Counseling seeks to help individuals gain understanding around the reasons for the problems they currently face and cope with difficulties in a mature capacity. The focus of this therapy is not on the therapeutic relationship, but on the client’s relationship with their environment. Psychodynamic Counselling explores attachment in your relationships and encourages insight into understanding your behavioural patterns and attachments. Psychodynamic Counselling will assist in helping an individual to obtain self-awareness and identify emotions of denial, repression, and projection. Psychodynamic Counselling posits that repressed thoughts and feelings may manifest in the form of mental illnesses such as depression, phobias, and conflicts we face presently.
How does Psychodynamic Counselling work?
- You will work with your therapist to identify and process feelings, thoughts, and reactions you have to negative situations as well as desires, dreams, or anything that comes to mind.
- You will learn coping skills that will assist in the management of intense thoughts and emotions.
- You will work with your therapist to create a plan for treatment and goals for improving emotional capacity and response.
- You will learn how to identify and process emotions and their varying intensities. Additionally, you may be asked to communicate about these emotions verbally and nonverbally.
- You may be asked to participate in individual sessions. Sessions will last approximately 50 minutes and occur weekly.
All our Therapists offer Psychodynamic Counselling. Click here to meet the Team.